Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA) Treated Wood
- 1. How can CCA-treated wood be recovered after it is taken out of service? What should be done with it? Should it be treated as a special waste stream? Can CCA-treated wood be disposed of in an unlined construction and demolition debris landfill or a lined Class I landfill? Can CCA be burned in a Waste to Energy plant that burns municipal solid waste (MSW)?
- 2. How can we inexpensively dispose of electronic wastes, i.e. cell phones, CRTs, electronic switching equipment, etc.? What is the most practical and economically feasible method of E-Waste collection and recycling?
- How can/should closed landfills be utilized? What are good uses for closed landfills?
- What can be done to allow a slurry wall landfill to be operated as a bioreactor?
- What are the long-term options for leachate disposal? What will the solid waste community be doing with leachate 50 years from now? What are the viable long-term options for disposal? What is cost effective? What makes sense?
- What should be done with biosolids in counties where land application of biosolids is difficult? What is the best way of disposing of biosolids in landfills? How can we rid wastewater sludge (biosolids) of odor? What are the proper practices for disposing and handling lime sludge?